JAPAN INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION AGENCY
Purpose of the Project
The project “Capacity development of Yezin Agriculture University” was launched in November 2015 with 5-year term of implementation.
Purpose of the project is to enhance education and research foundation through practice-oriented approaches in collaboration with 13 departments of YAU; Departments of 1) Agronomy, 2) Plant Breeding, Physiology and Ecology, 3) Soil and Water Science, 4) Plant Pathology, 5) Entomology and Zoology, 6) Horticulture, 7) Agricultural Economics, 8) Agricultural Engineering, 9) Animal Science, 10) Food Science and Technology, 11) Agricultural Biotechnology, 12) Agricultural Microbiology and 13) Agricultural Extension.
Output 1: Management system to promote research and education is improved in YAU.
Output 2: The curriculum and teaching capacity of academic staff are improved in 13 departments of YAU.
Output 3: The research capability of academic staff is enhanced in YAU.
For capacity development of YAU academic staff, JICA provides different types of training programs under this project as follows.
- Short term training in the project site
- Short term training in Japan/ third country
- Long term training in Japan
(2) Common Labs
There are four laboratories located in the downstairs of Experiment and Lecture Building (ELB) 1. YAU and JICA TCP are using two laboratories for an office and a meeting room. The other two rooms were requested to the Rector of YAU to open under the management of JICA TCP. It is highly expected that YAU continuously maintains the concept of the common laboratory to enhance the research activities in YAU.
The purposes of establishment of common laboratories under JICA TCP management are-
1. To provide the common use environment among users for research facility, space, equipment, chemicals reagents, etc.
2. To promote building up of sharing culture of laboratory facilities and equipment.
3. To efficiently operate the laboratory for experimental purposes in YAU.
4. To encourage the users of common laboratories to follow the rules and regulations for effective management and maintenance of facilities and equipment.
5. To smoothly perform the research activities in the coming Phase II project from JICA.
JICA TCP could not touch the syllabus improvement of each subject so far, but we tried to provide teaching materials. The list of the textbook is uploaded in this homepage and the books are placed in the TCP office. All academic staff can utilize them for their education and research purposes. The academic staff must sign in the record book and write down the name of the textbooks when they borrow and return. All textbooks will be transferred to phase II project.