Dr. Soe Soe Thein
Pro-Rector (Academic Affair)
B.Ag., M.Agr.Sc., Dr.Agr. (Germany)
The specific duties and areas of responsibility for a pro-rector (academic) usually include supervision and oversight of curricular, instructional, and research affairs and make a strong link in various interdisciplinary departments and academic support.
The Office of Pro-rector (Academic) assists Rector’s Office in academic affairs primarily in university curriculum, syllabuses, examinations and research. Curriculum development, revision, and university text books and handouts are supervised by the office. Academic seminars and research conferences are organized through the office of Pro-rector (Academic).
List of Academic Publications
- Aung Kyaw Thu, Soe Soe Thein, Aung Kyaw Myint and Kyi Toe, 2015. Study of Soil Moisture Conservation in Farm Level and Dryland Cropping Pattern of Magway Township. Journal of Agricultural Research, Yezin Agricultural University, Vol: 2, Issue 1, p. 24-32.
- Aung Kyaw Thu, Soe Soe Thein, Aung Kyaw Myint and Kyi Toe, 2017. Effectiveness of Crop Residues Mulching on Water Use Efficiency and Productivity under Different Annual Cropping Patterns of Magway. Journal of Agricultural Research, Yezin Agricultural University, Vol: 4, Issue 2, p. 113-120.
- Aung Naing Oo, Theingi Khaung and Soe Soe Thein, 2016. Practice-oriented Area Studies Series No.9, CSEAS, Kyoto University, 46 Yoshida-Shimoadachi-Cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, 606-8501, Japan. p. 27-35.
- Daisy Myint, Soe Soe Thein, Aung Kyaw Myint, and Tin Tin Khaing, 2013. Flowering Response of Parental Lines of Hybrid Rice (Oryza sativa L.) to Potassium Fertilizer Application. In: Proceedings of Hybrid Rice Technology Dissemination Work Shop Yezin, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar. p. 154-170.
- Ei Phyu Win, Mar Mar Kyu, Soe Soe Thein, Htay Htay Oo and Kyaw Kyaw Win, 2015. Evaluation of Robust Seedlings through Modified Mat Nursery with Different Media and Raising Methods on Rice Yield. Journal of Agricultural Research, Yezin Agricultural University, Vol: 2, Issue 2, p. 10-17.
- Htain Lin Tun, Soe Soe Thein, Kyaw Kyaw Win, Nyunt Shwe, and Khin Than New, 2007. Influence of Different Nitrogen Rates on Yield and Milled Rice Protein Content in Six High Yielding Varieties (Oryza sativa L.). In: Proceedings of the Fifth Agricultural Conference, 17 & 18 February, 2007, Yezin, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar.
- Khin Lai Oo, Yin Mar Soe, Soe Soe Thein and Nang Sam Hom, 2013. Evaluation of Water Regimes with Nitrogen Levels on Water Use Efficiency and Yield and Yield Components of Hybrid Rice (Palethwe-1). In: Proceedings of Hybrid Rice Technology Dissemination Work Shop Yezin, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar. p. 191-2.
Listed papers can be seen in YAU’s Research Repository (YAURR)