3. Department of Horticulture
Horticulture today is a major discipline for food and nutritional security and thus our department aims at producing horticulturists as safe and healthy food producers and nature maintainers.
• To produce graduates well equipped with theoretical and technical expertise
• To provide production technology of horticultural crops of high nutritive and economic value
• To participate in preserving the nature and beautifying the world using plants and flowers
1) Department of horticulture involves Technical Working Group, Technical Seed Committee (TSC) and National Seed Committee (NSC) of horticultural crop for technical support during the evaluation of application for horticultural seed registration.
2) Involving as one of the institutional organizations in ACIAR project “Improving Livelihoods in Myanmar and Vietnam through Vegetable Value Chains Project AGB – 2014- 035”
3) Participation in training activity of “Technology Development; The Application and Maintenance of Biotechnology Laboratory Equipment”, Mekong-Lancang project- “Establishment of Agricultural Biotechnology in YAU and Research Network among Universities within Mekong-Lancang area, Specifically Myanmar, Thailand and China”
4) Initiation to participate and academic advising the participant for “21st International Students Summit on Food, Agriculture and Environment”, Tokyo University of Agriculture, Sept 20-22, 2022
5) Field trips and other extra curriculum activities
Dr. Khin Thida Myint
Head of Department
Ph.D (Kyungpook National University, South Korea)
Dr. Saw Hto Lwi Htoo
Ph.D (UPLB, Phillipines)
P.O.Box 150501, Yezin,
Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar.
Fax: +95 67 341 6517
Phone: +95 67 341 6513
Office: +95 67 341 6688